The Major Causes Of Chest Pains
For people who have suffered chest problems, it could be clearer when this topic comes up. When we talk about the chest, there are many problems that could be looked at, but let us limit ourselves to the most common problems that are connected to chest pains. When the pains occur, it is easy to jump into conclusion of a possibility of heart attack. But: not too fast. A heart attack could be a cause, but beyond that there are many reasons associated with chest pains.
Notice that chest pains could be caused by lung problems, esophagus, ribs, nerves, muscles and much more. Some of these conditions are serious, while others are not. Well, you may not really tell what the problem with your chest problem is, especially if it is your first time.Even if that has happened to you before, the only right way is to consult a doctor for certainty.
The Common Causes Of Chest Pain
- Coronary artery illness: Close to heart attack, this disease occurs in the coronary artery usually a blockage in the blood vessels, stopping oxygen and blood from flowing to the heart muscle. Notice that this is a strong sign of heart attack candidature. This pain is referred to as angina which is a sign of heart illness. All the same make a date with your doctor.
- Pericarditis: This is a pain often felt around the shoulders and the upper neck, a close relation to angina. The pain around this area could get worse when swallowing or breathing.
- Mitral Valve Prolapse: This often happens when a heart valve fails to close normally. This disease is usually detected when the patient experiences chest pains.
- Coronary artery dissection: This is a deadly illness that can easily lead to death if not handled in the right time. This disease causes severe pain that extends to the back, the neck or abdomen.
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: This is a genetic disease that makes the heart muscle grow larger than its usual size. Usually, the blood flow from the heart becomes a problem, and this way the patient experiences severe chest pains. If this disease is not checked and treated at the right time, the heart muscle becomes extra thick, and this could easily lead to heart failure. This disease may cause dizziness, fainting alongside other symptoms.
- Lung Health Conditions: When it comes into the lungs, there are a few issues to look at. The lung problems vary like mentioned below.
- Pneumonia: This is more of a respiratory disease which causes severe chest pain. In most cases, it comes suddenly, especially when the body is exposed to cold, leading to chills, cough and fever.
- Pleuritis: This is an inflammatory condition that leads to sharp chest pains. Major causes are pulmonary embolism, viral or bacterial infections.
- Pneumothorax: This condition is caused by chest injury when particular parts of the lungs end up collapsing. When this occurs, the patient is likely to experience severe chest pains.
With this, you now have a brief of what could easily be the cause of chest pains. However, you cannot rule the pains out by what is offered. What is important is for you to consult your doctor for further check -up.
What Causes Chest Pain Other than a Heart Attack?